"Childrens Hospital Donation"

"Childrens Hospital Donation"
This is the load of Baby Hats, Blankies, Teddy's Bears & Dolls we took to
Childrens Hospital In Little Rock today.. There are over 400 Baby hats...

Friday, November 26, 2010

Cross Prayer Shawl

Give a woman a prayer shawl and she knows she has a friend who care.
Teach her to knit / crochet and she will pray for others her whole life while making shawls.

**SPECIAL STITCH: X ‘s & O’s Stitch:
ch 1, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next, then work 1 dc “BEHIND” dc you just worked and into the front of prev. st, ch 1, skip next dc
NOTE: ch 2 ALWAYS counts as first hdc ~or~ dc depending on row your working on...

J Hook

Row 1: Ch 60, 1 hdc in second ch from hook, & in remaining ch’s, ch 2 and turn
Row 2: {ch 2 counts as dc} 1 dc in each st across, ch 2 turn (60 sts)
Row 3-12: Repeat row 2
Row 13: 1 hdc in each st across *{& ch 1 space where applies} , ch 2 turn
Row 14: 1 dc in 28 sts, ch 1, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next, then work 1 dc “BEHIND” dc you just worked, ch 1, skip next dc, dc in remainding 28 sts, ch 2 & turn **{28 dc, skip 1, X st made, skip 1, 28 dc}
Rows 15-18: Repeat Rows 13 & 14 - "4 MORE" times,
Row 19: Repeat row 13
Row 20: dc in next 22 sts, ch 1, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next, then work 1 dc “BEHIND” dc you just worked, ch 1, skip next dc (total of 5 times) , dc in next 22 sts, ch 2 turn.
Row 21: Repeat row 1
Row 22: Repeat row 2 until piece measures at least 60" - 65", finish off

ADD TRIM:
Cut yarn 5", take 2 strands, fold in half inset in each st on ends of Shawl

Please give God all the Honor & Glory as He does (all) the work through me, I'm but His servant.
Thank You Lord for allowing me to be an ever so small part of this Love..."JMSQ"

This pattern is intended for charity and personal use only {To Bless other with}. Neither the pattern nor items made from it are to be sold. This notice must be attached to the pattern when printing it out.

"GOD" Reserves "All" © Jan.10,2009 - 2010 Rights to this pattern... "JMSQ"

6 comments:

  1. I love this pattern but as someone new to crochet I am just not getting how you go h 1, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next, then work 1 dc “BEHIND” dc you just worked and into the front of prev. st, ch 1, skip next dc ... I have tried everything I could think of and can not get it to work out , so this isn't explained very well ... Not to mention I am a leftie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, instead of following X st directions with working behind and into front, work this way instead, it still makes an X st but not as clearly defined as my pattern...


      So you have a total of 3 sts, first 2 are skipped, 1 dc in next st, then work 1 dc (yarn over front of dc just worked and into skipped st next to it) work 1 dc, you have just made an X st, ch 1 *

      blank st, X st, blank st

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this pattern but me being new and a leftie this is not explained very well ... ch 1, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next, then work 1 dc “BEHIND” dc you just worked, ch 1, skip next dc, dc in remaining 28 sts, ch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! So glad to find you had a blog! I found a link on Craftfreely.com that goes to your old angelfire site: http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/Jeanaries/CrossPrayerShawl.html Glad I kept googling! Thanks for sharing your free patterns and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam, I'm so glad you found me here, I had enjoyed using angelfire for many years, but I ran out of room for my patterns, they only allow so much room so I moved everything over here to http://jeanariespatterns.blogspot.com/ where I have more space to share my patterns... You can find everything listed on the right side of this page, enjoy & God's Blessings upon you... JMSQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pattern but am having trouble understanding row 13 (I am a rookie) it says 1 hdc in each st across (& ch 1 space where applies).

    ReplyDelete