"Childrens Hospital Donation"

"Childrens Hospital Donation"
This is the load of Baby Hats, Blankies, Teddy's Bears & Dolls we took to
Childrens Hospital In Little Rock today.. There are over 400 Baby hats...

Friday, November 26, 2010

Round Ripple Bedspread

This is my "ALL" time favorite Round Ripple Pattern. I've made several Bedspreads from this pattern, However this is "NOT" one of my {JMSQ} patterns.....

The above photo is a "Queen size Round Ripple Bedspread" I made for a "Wedding Gift" for "Carlin & Hadessa in the Fall 2006. I won 1st place in the county fair & Best of show - I also won 1st place in the district fair for this bedspread. My family is truly proud... JMSQ

The original pattern is from Lynn {~Lyn's Designs~www.angelcrafts.net 1984/3rd edition rewritten 11/05 for simplicity)- who re-wrote the pattern for easy understanding. Her link for original pattern is listed below

                       ROUND RIPPLE BED-SPREAD - PATTERN
                 (FOLLOW DIRECTIONS JUST AS THEY ARE WRITTEN)
I use a J hook

Row 1- chain 4 join to form a ring. ch 3, (ch 3 counts as 1 dc through out pattern). work 11 dc in ring (12 dc). join with sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Row 2- Chain 3 1dc in same stitch and 2dc in each stitch around (24) join with slp stitch in top of Ch 3 Row 3- chain 3 *skip next stitch, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of chain 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

Row 4- Sl st into ch 2 space, ch 3, 1 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in ch 2 sp, *2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in next ch 2 sp, repeat * around. Join

Row 5- Sl st into next st, ch 3, * 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in the next st. repeat from * around, join

Row 6- Sl st into next st, ch 3, 1 dc in next st. *2dc, ch 2, 2dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in each of the next 2 dc, skip next 2 sts, 1 dc in each of the next 2 dc, repeat*, ending with skip 2 sts, join

Row 7- St st into next st, ch 3, 1 dc in next 2 sts, *1 dc, ch 2,1dc (small shell), in next ch2 sp, 1 dc in next 3 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next 3 sts, repeat * around, ending with skip 2 sts. Join.

Row 8- St st into next st, ch 3, 1 dc in next 2 sts, *2dc, ch 2, 2 dc (large shell) in ch 2 space, 1 dc in next 3 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in the next 3 sts, repeat * around, ending with skip 2 sts, sl st in top of ch 3.

Row 9- st st into next st., ch 3, 1 dc in next 3 sts, *2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc (large shell) in ch 2 space, 1 dc in next 4 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in next 4 sts, repeat * around, ending with skip 2 sts, sl st into top of ch 3.
CONTINUE working in round in pattern established always working 1 round with small shell, and 2 round with large shell. CONTINUE repeating rounds 7-8-9 (the number of DC will increase on each round between the "ch 2 space" and the "skip 2 sts")

For most of the Bed-Spreads I went 10 rows then switched to the next color, 10 rows, then next color Etc.( for a total of 60 rows) add trim of your choice-

#1 Trim:
I do sl st, ch 1, hdc & 1 dc in same space, skip 1 st, and sl st into next st, ch 1, hdc, 1 dc, in same st, skip 1 and repeat around

#2 Trim
You can also do a shell trim around which is truly beautiful as well/

17 comments:

  1. Help! How much of each color/multi yarn is needed? Thank you and may God bless your Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never kept track of how much yarn I used because I've always created things with yarn colors I knew I could buy more of quickly (same lot #'s), also I have alot of yarn stored at home and can access it quickly as needed as well

    One thing I can tell you is that was made with Red Heart Yarn, WW yarn, 4 ply

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how much enjoyment I am getting out of making this bedspread for my mother. Thank you so much for sharing your pattern with others.

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty I made one for my boss & she fell in love with it.. Thank You for the great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have followed your pattern but mine has come out with 9 points. I have went back to look several times at the directions and still get 9. In your picture there are 12. I also keep having a slight bowl shape in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are doing something wrong if the pattern isn't coming out correctly.. I urge you to start over and don't do what you think you should do, BUT, actually follow the directions as written, you'll see it comes out nicely with 12 points...

      Delete
  6. I must be doing something wrong got to the 7th row. and its not looking right. Some how I ended up with less stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to follow the direction exactly as written, not what you think it says. I promise you it will turn out correctly & you'll be so glad you didn't give up

      Delete
    2. Hi! Pattern is beautiful but I'm having issues. I keep coming up w 9 points. I am following pattern to a T. My mom has also tried doing the pattern with same results. Also in the beginning of certain rows, pattern calls for dbl crcht but doesn't specify where.

      Delete
  7. I made one of these & gave it to a great friend of mine.. She loves it & tells everyone about it.. Im making another one now for another friend Thank You so much for the Pattern..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Pattern is GREAT.. thank you so much I have made one working on another one now everyone loves it & they are so easy to make & VERY PRETTY when done...
    Thank You for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this afghan with scrap yarn. It turned out beautiful! Love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have followed this pattern exact and have come out w 9 points. I am about to go on to 7th row. Also, pattern doesn't specify where some dbl crcht go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same problem. But I fixed it. You need to make sure you do 2 double crochets, chain 2, then 2 double crochets in the same stitch. If not you will end up with 9 points instead of 12. First you need 24 double crochet to get the 12 points.

      Delete
    2. I had the same problem. Just make Sir you have 24 double crochets to start the 12 points with. Then make sure you do 2 double crochets, chain 2, then 2 double crochet in the same stitch around. You will end up with 12 points.

      Delete
  11. If your having difiiculity following this pattern, then I suggest going to Raverly and see if they have it written up differently then I do, Theirs looks like the same Round Ripple as mine, but perhaps their directions are easier to follow...

    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rainbow-ripple-baby-blanket

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is beautiful, I can't wait to start one. It looks like you have one variegated color and two solids? I'm trying to decide what colors to use for our king bed. I made a smaller Spiderman version, which I'm sure you've seen, for my son and it's such a fun pattern. also, I love your apple basket picture that I saw below, too cute!

    ReplyDelete